Friday-gami: Origami Pinwheel
Our V loves the pinwheels at Wal-Mart. Every time they are in anywhere in sight she will find them and run over as quickly as those little legs will let her. So, I dedicate this Friday-gami to her!
1. I am using double sided paper. This is not necessary however.
2. Make a valley fold down the center.
3. Fold one parallel side over to meet tge center crease.
4. Repeat for the other side.
5. Fold both the top and bottom edges to the center.
6. Unfold. You should now have fourths.
7. Here is the slightly tricky part. Find the third section from the top and fold a diagonal. The left edge will lie along the first crease at the top.
8. You should have this.
9. Repeat for the other side.
10. You should have an X right in the middle.
11. Now open the bottom half and fold along the pre-existing creases.
12. You should end up with this.
13. Turn the model and repeat steps 11 to 12 on this side.
14. This is how your model should look now.
15. Taking the top layer of the top right side, fold it diagonally up. Fold the top bottom left layer diagonally down.
16. This is how it looks.
17. There are four pockets. Just open them slightly so it allows air to flow.
18. All set! You can put a push pin in the middle and attach it to a straw if you like. Then just blow into the pockets and watch it spin!
On a side note: if do use a push pin, it may be too long and the pointy end will stick out. So please be careful when around your kids!
I hope you enjoy!
Until next time…