Friday-gami: Origami Starbox
This week’s Friday-gami is a fun one. The starbox can be used as a decorative peice or a gift box! It is a bit lengthy in terms of instructions, but no worries! It isn’t all that bad!
So here goes!
1. I am using double sided paper with the colored side down.
2. We will start off with the square base. Valley fold your paper diagonally both ways and mountain fold side to side both ways.
3. Collapse your paper on the existing folds. Be sure your opening is at the top!
4. Fold the top two edges to the middle crease.
5. Open the pocket and squish it flat.
6. This how it should look.
7. Do this to the other side.
8. Now flip your model over and repeat steps 4-7.
9. This should be how it looks now.
10. You want to fold a crease between where my two fingers are. It will reach from corner to corner.
11. Here is where your crease should be.
12. Take the top layer and fold it directly down as far as it will go. It will NOT fold exactly in half.
13. Do this for the remaining 3 flaps.
14. Open up the middle. You will create the bottom of the box using the crease you made in step 10.
15. Voici! All complete!
Now you may use this any way you feel fit!
I would love to see how yours looks! Post your creations on my Facebook, Google+, or Twitter. I may start a “featured reader(s)”, or something like that, as a monthly thing. It would be great to have all of you featured on here as well! More information on that at another time. 🙂
Until next time…